How to Style a Shirt Dress

3:00:00 PM



Sexy doesn't always mean showing tons of skin. Being sexy is all about showing the right amount of skin at the right part and with the right styling or in this case wearing something as conservative as a white shirt (dress) without pants. 

I have to admit I wasn't always a fan of a shirt dress as my legs aren't skinny and long like the model but seeing it countless time on the street style photo I decided to give it a shot myself. It was hard for me to find the perfect shirt dress but this BCBGMAXAZRIA Casie Pleated-Back Tuxedo Shirt Dress is almost a perfection. The fabric is thick enough to not reveal what is under , the high-low hem is genius and the pleated back makes this dress more interesting. The only thing I did not like about this dress is that the dress come with a tuxedo collar. I would prefer an actual collar as I that would be more flattering on me but as I said, this is almost a perfection. 
Here I styled it with a metallic blue laptop sleeve by MBMJ. YES!! A LAPTOP SLEEVE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE USED AS A LAPTOP SLEEVE. It can also be used as a clutch. Fashion is all about being creative, grab anything around you and mix and match with your outfits and don't play it safe, it's boring. For the shoes instead of choosing a pair of black pump I chose to go with something more untraditional, a pair of open toe boots. As for the accessories, I chose to go with all gold tone as I love the combination of blue, gold and white.

Let me know what you think of this dress and this outfit. And just give this question a thought "Would you wear a shirt dress to work?"or "Would you give a shirt dress a try at all?"




Outfit Details
Dress: BCBGMAXAZRIA Casie Pleated-Back Tuxedo Shirt Dress, buy it here or here
Shoes: KG Kurt Geiger Seville Zip Front Booties, buy it here
Necklace: Lovisa
Ring: Lovisa
Bracelets: Lovisa
Earrings: Kate Spade Small Square Stud Earrings , here
Laptop Sleeve(Used as a clutch): Marc by Marc Jacobs Quilted Metallic Computer Case, similar here and here


Photos are by the amazing Patrick Tee who shot all my photos in Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Message Me on Facebook

Featured Post

10 Most Amazing Places I Have Visited in 2015

         1. Mount Etna Location: Sicily, Italy One of the most active volcanoes in Europe. Got me feeling like I was on another planet ...

Subscribe